Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Brooklyn Nets’ bags Ben Simmons

Ben Simmons Nets debut in 2022 Preseason


Ben Simmons made his long-awaited Nets debut last night against his former team, the Philadelphia 76ers, in Brooklyn.

Simmons, who hasn't played since the 2021 playoffs, had six points, four rebounds, and five assists in Philadelphia's 127-108 loss.

His first points as a Net came on a fastbreak dunk off a Kyrie Irving assist.

"It feels great to be back. I'm just thankful and blessed to be back on the court with these guys. So I'm happy," Simmons said after the game in an interview.

"It was solid overall." I believe there is a lot of room for improvement, particularly on defense. "It's a completely new team, but there's a lot of potential," Simmons said.

It's been a long road from Simmons being traded by the Sixers to suiting up for the Nets.

The 26-year-old was cleared to play in Game 2 against the Celtics last April, but he never did.

"I wouldn't be able to say anything because I'm not even sure how he's going to get through these weeks," Nash said last April, according to ESPN. "We have to consider it's a nine-month or whatever absence, so it's not just like he had a six-week absence, so I think this is a pretty unique scenario." It's not as linear as other types of in-season injuries."

Simmons is entering his seventh season in the league, averaging 15.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, 6.9 assists, and 1.6 steals per game, but he has only played four seasons due to a foot injury.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments